Cyber 101 Training
Dr Shane Shook
Following the success of our Cyber Risk Audit; helping organisations understand posture, hygiene and control deficiencies to evidence risk and threat and ultimately inform the programme to mitigate and reduce risk with existing toolsets and begin the journey to Business Risk Intelligence…
We have had multiple requests to run a training programme to help embed this approach into the organisation so operational security can be owned rather than outsourced.
Targeted at Security and network analysts, this 4-day course will cover the technical tools and methods required for effective design, implementation and operation of a responsive security programme.
The training will cover the necessary commands, tools, scripts and analysis through case examples and supporting interactive exercises.
DAY 1 – Perspective on Cyber Risks and Threats
- Background and current perspective on the cyber risk and threat landscape.
- Introduce the Pyramid of Cyber Risk and how it relates to the industry-standard attacker Kill Chain, NIST800 and ISO2700.
- Gain an understanding of how perspective creates comprehension.
DAY 2 – Endpoint Assessment
- Discover the four persistence mechanisms and how to recognise infected vs compromised hosts.
- This session is not about malware!
DAY 3 – Network Assessment
- Identify network indicators of infection and compromise.
- Learn how to filter out ‘noise’ in communications.
- Understand why ‘frequency is your friend’.
DAY 4 – SOC Readiness
- Study Instrumentation, Escalation and Investigation.
- Exercises will cover collection, processing, analysis, escalation, forensic collection and analysis/reporting as well as KRI/KPI reporting.
Security & Network Analysts
4 Days | Tuesday 25th September – Friday 28th September
£1,995. This includes:
- A 1st Edition copy of the Cybercrime Investigation Body of Knowledge (worth £390).
- A course manual and reference materials.
- Refreshments and lunch each day.
- 3 Course Dinner with Shane Shook on the evening of Day 1.
Central London venue (TBC)
Keep Up To Date
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Secrutiny.
GET IN TOUCH…
*We’d love to keep you up to date with security alerts, free tools & techniques, event invites and company updates. We’ll always treat your details with the utmost care and will never sell them to other companies for marketing purposes. Remember you can change your preferences and opt-out at any time.