cyber security development engineer
Are you looking for a career within Cyber Security and IT Development? Are you looking to join a busy, well established and successful organisation who invest heavily in training employees and promoting within? Are you technically minded and good at problem solving? This could be the exciting opportunity you’ve been looking for!
We have an opportunity available immediately for a Development Engineer to join our expanding technical forensic team. The role is highly varied where you will be taking charge of all aspects of development within the business. A Security Information & Event Management (SIEM) system is currently being built and you will play an integral role in integrating current tools within this working on both development and live environments.
Full Time (flexible working can be offered)
You will be responsible for:
- Developing security software and integrating security into ordinary application software.
- Working to produce source code for security tools such as those providing intrusion detection, traffic analysis, virus and malware detection.
- Working to minimise security weaknesses, bugs, exploits or violations of programming standards within the organisation.
- One of your objectives is to stop hackers from being able to exploit your organisation’s data or system resources due to inadequately coded software.
- You will need to ensure that the organisations’ source code adheres to up to date coding standards for the programming language, operating system or other platforms.
- The initial design of new software solutions for an organisations IT Security requirement.
- You may be involved in projects from the initial scope right through to final project delivery and on-going maintenance.
- As part of your involvement in the full IT Project lifecycle, you will be involved in the testing and implementation of solutions around IT Security.
- You will be expected to ensure a smooth transition to new solutions, identifying any issues in testing, debugging and correcting source code or other errors as the projects areas implemented.
- Your role may also include the provision of support and on-going maintenance of systems that you have helped to design, develop and implement.
What Are We Looking For?
We are looking for an enthusiastic analytically minded individual that is still at the beginning of their career and looking to learn and develop within this role. You will be someone who learns quickly and enjoys working as part of a busy and deadline driven team. You will be organised, hardworking and be a real team player. You will be qualified to degree/masters level or equivalent in Computer Science or related discipline. Flexible working can be offered with this role.
You will have practical experience using computer operating systems such as MS Windows and Linux. Knowledge of Python 2 and 3, PowerShell, PHP, SQL and SQL lite will be of benefit.
In addition, a knowledge of web 2.0 architecture, Windows Server architecture and trouble-shooting will be an advantage.
Ideally, you will be a car driver and have your own transport due to the office location.